Youth under 12 years of age must be in the facility with a parent or legal adult.
• Spaces to eat include:
o Food and gum are not allowed in any other part of the facility
• Shirt, bottoms and shoes are requested when outside of the Aquatic Center and locker rooms.
o No street shoes in the pool area
• In the Fitness Studio, Fitness Center, Gymnasium and Track:
o 2nd pair of clean non-marking shoes that have not been worn outside are required.
o Open Toes Shoes are not allowed in the Fitness Center
• Beverages in sealable non-glass containers only.
• We do not supply towels. Towels can be purchased at the Welcome Desk
• Put any games or equipment away when you are finished.
• Youth in the Facility
o Youth 9 years of age and younger, parent or guardian must be in the same area with youth
o Youth ages 10-11 can be in the gym, track , or pool area unaccompanied. Parent or guardian must be in the building.
(includes pool area & sauna)
• Youth in the Aquatic Center
o Youth age 5 and under, guardians must be in the water within arm’s reach of the child(ren).
• Maintain reasonable distance when your child(ren) uses the play structure.
• Guardians and reasonably older siblings may accompany small children on the slides.
o Youth between the ages of 6-9, guardians must be in the pool area.
o Youth ages 10-11 can be in the pool area unaccompanied
• A parent or guardian must be in the building.
• Youth in the Lap Lanes
o Ages 7-11 must complete the swim test and wear the provided wristband
o Ages 6 and under can enter the shallow end of the lap lanes with a life jacket and an adult or guardian and should not go deeper than where their adult guardian can touch.
2 children per adult ratio.
• Lap Swim/Adult Swim times that do not overlap with Open Swim are for members and guests ages 18 years +.
o Children may be present, and the play structure may be on when Lap Swim/Adult Swim overlaps with Open Swim.
• The pool is only 7 Feet.
o No diving or head-first entries anywhere from the pool deck.
o No flips or twists of any kind
• No holding another patron while swimming in water higher than chest deep.
o This includes parents with small children.
• Before entering the pool, it is highly recommended that you shower.
o All children participating in pool activities are encouraged to use the restroom.
o Shower after using the sauna, before entering the pool.
• Only swimwear made of nylon, polyester, and/or spandex is allowed in the pool.
o The JLAAC is not responsible for damage to clothing.
o Children in diapers must wear a reusable plastic pant/swim diaper with snug elasticized legs and waistband.
o Access may be denied on the play structure if swimwear is non-compliant.
• Water wings and all inflatables are not allowed in the pool area.
• You may bring personal toys that are acceptable for a pool. Beach toys are not acceptable.
• Masks and fins are allowed. No snorkels.
• Life jackets are available. You may bring your own U.S. Coast Guard approved flotation devices.
o Life jackets are not a substitute for adult supervision.
• No pool access allowed when a lifeguard(s) is not present on deck.
• Do not move or sit on the safety rope or lane line markers.
• State pool/sauna rules and capacity are posted in the pool area.
• The sauna may be used by ages 12+. Minors (12- 15 yrs.) must be accompanied by an adult.
• Youth in the Gymnasium
o Youth 9 years of age and younger, guardians must be in the Gym area.
o Youth ages 10-11 can be in the gym area unaccompanied.
• For youth under 12, a parent or guardian must be in the building.
• JLAAC Staff will assist with moving any equipment or retrieving equipment from storage rooms (balls, nets, bleachers).
• NO DUNKING or hanging on rims.
• Use equipment for manufacturer intended use only.
• No throwing or kicking balls and equipment at the ceiling, windows or indoor track area.
• Youth in the Fitness Center
o Youth under the age of 12 are not allowed in the Fitness Center.
o Fitness Center 101 Course
• Available for youth ages 12-17.
• This class allows youth to be in the Fitness Center without adult supervision.
o Fitness Center Waiver (short-term use option)
• Waiver must be signed prior to Fitness Center use.
• Youth 12-15 can use the Fitness Center only under Direct Supervision of an adult guardian.
• Youth 16-17 are welcome to use the Fitness Center unaccompanied with signed waiver
• 30 min max usage on cardio machines when others are waiting.
• Bring your own ear buds or headphones to access television audio.
• Spotters are helpful, use one :)
• Life over Muscles: know your limits and be safe.
• Use cloths and spray to clean off only the seats, arm handles and arm/back rests.
o Please, DO NOT spray equipment directly.
• Unless otherwise noted, group fitness classes are reserved for individuals 16 years of age and older.
• It is recommended that participants bring water and a towel to health and fitness classes.
• No gymnasium equipment allowed on the track.
• No standing or spectating while on the track.
o Continuous movement within the lane lines is required.
o Stretching and other activities should be conducted outside the white lane lines.
• Be aware of walking and jogging lanes and the direction in which you will be moving.
o Inner lane: walking
o Outer lane: jogging and speed walking
o Clockwise: Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday
o Counter-Clockwise: Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday
• 18 Laps to a mile.
• Nothing maybe tossed, thrown, or dropped off the track into the gym area
• Youth on the track
o Youth 9 years of age and younger, parent or guardians must be in the track area.
o Youth ages 10-11 can be in the track area unaccompanied, parent or guardian must be in the building
Please contact JLAAC for information regarding groups in center.
A group is defined as:
12 or more individuals belonging to a recognized organization or established group